105m Yacht Project Esquel – Built by Oceanco
Esquel is a meteorite found near Esquel, a Patagonian town in the Northwest part of the province of Chubut in Argentina. Esquel is the perfect composite of solid metal and translucent crystals, an alluring combination found in a rare destination.
From her new terrestrial base, Esquel explores planet earth through high-end navigation from the sky.
The perfect rare combination of pure luxury and comfort and enterprising expeditions that extend far outside your comfort zone.
Oceanco’s ESQUEL Expeditions in collaboration with experiential travel and yacht expedition specialists Pelorus.
(1) GREENLAND – Nuuk – 64°10’N 51°44’W. (experience design by Pelorus)
- Glaciers and fjords
- Humpback whales
- Discover the Green in Greenland
- Viking and European history
- Inuit culture and history
Experience Value & Options
- Cruise to Qassiarsuk, a UNESCO World Heritage Site that boasts some of the finest reconstructions of the Viking era outside of Europe.
- Further up the coast, Nuuk, Greenland’s capital and oldest town, is full of colonial history and architecture with over 100 groups of Viking ruins that can be accessed by tender or helicopter.
- In Qeqertarsuaq, snow-covered mountains and glaciers dominate the town, however hot springs can also be found in the fertile mountainsides and valleys.
- The final stop in Greenland, Ilulissat, another UNESCO World Heritage Site that translates to ‘iceberg’, is situated at the mouth of an ice fjord that is filled with enormous icebergs from the most productive glacier
- Helicopter to the edge of the glacier for a walk on the ice cap.
(2) OMAN – Muscat – 23°36’N 58°33’E (experience design by Pelorus)
palaces, the region is incredibly topographically diverse. You can experience sinkholes, deserts dunes, craggy mountains, wadis, waterfalls,
lush farmlands filled with date, pomegranate and walnut trees, as well as beautiful expansive beaches and clear waters for diving.
- Surveying Souks with aromatic spices and local craft
- Hiking, climbing, abseiling
- Canyoning in waterfalls
- Desert camel trekking
- Mountain biking through villages
- Kayaking in fjords
Experience Value & Options
- Explore the vibrant souks & rich history, mosques and palaces.
- Acclimatisation trek in the mountains around Muscat ending at Muttrah souk with great local crafts and food available.
- Introduction to canyoning. Climbing, abseiling, slides and scrambling.
- A culinary experience with a local family at their home.
- Catamaran sailing cruise around the Daymaniyat Islands natural reserve area. Stunning beaches, unique marine life which includes the possibility of spotting whale sharks.
- Kayaking the fjords along the coast of the Arabian peninsula.
- Abseiling down chambers and lakes in the Al Hooti Cave complex.
- Climb along the famous Balcony Walk whilst securely attached to the rock face to an abandoned village. Prepare for exceptional views along the way.
- Fabulous cultural experience visiting Nizwa & Misfat Al Abryeen, an ancient and a modern souk, before heading to Nizwa fort.
- Meet the locals of an ancient village to understand their fascinating history and cultures.
- Mountain bike through the juniper trees, abandoned villages and the stunning scenery.
- Trek through three villages; a spectacular hike that takes you through the cliff-hugging terraced farms, rose gardens and ancient falaj systems. The route will take you through the villages of Al Ayn (rose garden), Ash Shirayjah, and Sayq, as well as magnificent views over Wadi Muhaydin below.
- Trek through Pomegranate Garden; lush farmlands that showcase pomegranate and walnut trees as well as stunning gardens.
- Rock climb amidst the stunning scenery.
(3) PATAGONIA – 54°48’7”S 68°18’11”W – (experience design by Pelorus)
countless sea fjords and channels and crossing the famous Straits of Magellan before setting sail for Antarctica is an experience that visitors will never forget in their lifetime.
- Helicoptering over glaciers
- Mountaineering, hiking, ice climbing
- Kayaking, fishing
- Gaucho gaming, cattle herding
- Wildlife adventuring with whales, sea elephants, penguins
- Parque Nacional Bernardo O’Higgins is the largest national park of Chile, covering two regions of the country with a total surface of 8.9 million acres.
- Visit the only remaining South Patagonian ice field of the glacial era, and one of the greater freshwater reserves of the planet. Here you can kayak, paddle board or hike throughout this spectacular landscape.
- Helicopter over the glaciers.
- Puerto Eden is a small and isolated town only accessible by boat. The last members of Kawescar or Alacalufe descent are amongst the 250 people that live here.
- Fish, kayak or hike in the mountains, canals and millenary ice floes.
(4) PAPUA NEW GUINEA – 9°30’S 147°07’E – (experience design by Pelorus)
off shore islands of Melanesia, is one of the most unexplored and culturally diverse countries in the world — Esquel is the ideal platform to explore isolated regions.
- Swimming with Bottlenose dolphins in the wild
WW2 wreck diving
- Visiting isolated tribes and sharing in their traditions
- Canoeing up rivers
- Climb an active volcano
- Wildlife encounters
- Visit Gazelle Peninsula, an area that is dominated by beautiful harbours, coral reefs and huge volcanoes.
- Blanche Bay — swim with bottlenose dolphins when they return from feeding
offshore. A pod of around 200 regularly play with the bow waves of boats coming and going.
- Blanche Bay also offers exceptional WW2 wreck diving.
- Rabaul — explore barge tunnels and Admiral Yamamoto’s WW2 bunker or climb the active volcano, Mount Tavurvur, which has stained the surrounding water different shades of yellows and oranges.
- Watch a special performance of Baining Fire Dancers wearing huge masks while dancing over hot coals.
New Build Yacht: ESQUEL
Length: 105 m (345′)
Volume: Below 5000 Gross Tons
Hull: Displacement hull
Cruising speed: 13 knots
Maximum speed: 16,5 knots
Range at 13 knots: 7000 nm
Main electric propulsion motors: 2X 3000 eKW
Auxiliary engines: 4 X Diesel @ 1675 eKW + 2X Diesel @ 725 eKW
Class/Flag: LLOYDS registered / Cayman Island
Class notation: 100 A1 SSC, Yacht, MONO G6
Additional notation: SCM, ECO, Polar Code C, DP 1
- Esquel is equipped with a state-of-the-art compact diesel electric propulsion architecture; ultimate engineering to allow uncompromised and autonomous operation throughout the world.
- Delivering the toughest and most dependable system, the platform architecture of Esquel was selected to provide maximum redundancy for the lowest possible maintenance, enabling extended expeditions to be accomplished unhindered by operational limitations or compromise.
- Esquel’s system provides for flexible and highly responsive power management throughout the yacht, whether navigating the close confines of the Strait of Magellan, or dynamic positioning in the sensitive waters of the Great Barrier Reef, dependable propulsive and manoeuvring power is instantly on demand with maximum security of supply.
- With a top speed of 16.5 as per table and a cruising range of 7000 nautical miles Esquel has an endurance aligned to meet extensive cruising including the polar regions where her ice strengthened hull and Polar Classification will enable guests to truly realise her expedition potential.
Exterior Designer: Timur Bozca
Interior Designer: Gina Brennan
Experience Designers: Pelorus
- The Esquel was designed for that 80 percent of Ocean that don’t often see yachts: sporting a displacement hull with a plumb bow, she has been designed for extensive cruising to remote regions extending from the North Pole to the South Pole and everywhere in between.
- Marine biologists, scientists — researchers from any number of fields can utilise Esquel as a roving platform for new discoveries.
- You have all you need to operate your business on-the-go: the Esquel is as wired and plugged in as your office is in Palo Alto, London, or Hong Kong. You can follow the stock market, write emails, make phone calls, conduct conference calls, show your face at a ZOOM, FaceTime, or SKYPE video meeting — all from the comfort of your onboard office.
- Mini-sub : Tried and true, the Triton 3300/3 is extremely versatile and thus a perfect choice for Esquel. Suited for both personal and scientific expeditions, this sub operates with a pilot and two passengers. It can travel to depths of 1000 meters (3,300 feet) in safety and comfort. It is the ideal vehicle for wreck diving and for viewing the magic of the underwater world. It was aboard a Triton 3300/3 that man had his first underwater encounter with a giant squid! More adventures await.
Oceanco is a world-class builder of custom superyachts in the 80–140 meters range.
Shipyard’s statement: Every yacht starts with a vision, the Owner’s vision. About how the yacht looks and how it feels. But the perfect yacht can only be the perfect yacht when it is the owner’s perfect yacht. When it touches the lives of those who come onboard in exactly the way the owner intended.
Shipyard’s philosophy: Some things, it seems, cannot be done, perhaps, because they’ve never been done before. Finding solutions requires an open mind, a focused mind. This is how we build not just the perfect yacht, but the owner’s perfect yacht. Only when we achieve this can we say BUILT BY OCEANCO.
Request more information about this project and the related experiences, that will start long before the yacht is launched: What’s App requesting Project Esquel experience N153.
We work directly with the shipyard and guarantee a prompt response, professional support on all stages and the best possible deal on this new-built experience.