- Be the first to cruise the waters of Greenland, which have never been cruised before. Unique unrepeatable experience onboard a true explorer vessel, which has an Ice Class and Polar Code certification, sustainable, can navigate in extreme conditions and has very economical fuel consumption.
- Participate in scientific research (Optional)
- Midnight Sun & Polar experience in arctic waters
- Explore Icebergs, Fiords and rich wildlife
- Meet locals Inuit, share their cultural traditions, discover their colourful settlements, find out their stories and secrets to live challenging arctic lifestyle
- Discover a blend of age-old traditions in local museums
- Discover Venice of Greenland ( Maniitsoq )
- Cruise in the 170m fiord ( Kangerlussuaq)
- Hike the Polar Ice Cap
- Experience Cold water swimming
- Heliskiing (Optional)
- Dog sledding
- Discover southern boundary of Unesco World Heritate Disco Bay (Aasiaat)
- Contrast Adventure: Hike Volcanic Rock Formations / Relax in Hot Springs (Qeqertarsuaq)
- Discover Largest Icebergs-Producing Glacier (Illulisat) – Sermeq Kujalleq
- Navigate in the floating ice-sculptures ‘park’ – Greenland’s Ephemeral ‘Gallery’ ( Illusiat IceFiord)
- See Polar bears, beluga whales
- Visit World largest bird cliff ( Upernavik)
- Kayake among Icebergs
DESTINATION and TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
Covid19 travel situation in Greenland: https://visitgreenland.com/corona-faq/
Flexible within May 2021 – July 2021
DURATION and WEATHER CONDITIONS
1 week ( 8 days, 7 nights) or 10 days *
Summer is a great time to cruise in Greenland.
SPECIAL CONDITION offered by the Owner of the Yacht: * In case of the bad weather, the owner kindly proposes to prolong the charter for the duration equivalent to hours / days during non-favourable weather conditions.
Expedition Vessel Yersin
Length:76.60m (251′ 4″)
Year built: 2015
Number of guests: 12
M/V Yersin’s Highlights:
This Expedition Vessel is truly unique. It’s not a Yacht, it’s an experiential conceptual vessel, which can bring you to most remote destinations of the world. M/V Yersin, named after french famous scientist Alexander Yersin, is the most sustainable vessel in yachting industry, built with 95% recyclable material. It is engineered to navigate in extreme conditions from -20C to + 50C. ICE-CLASS, POLAR coded, CLEANSHIP certified, SOLAS compliant.
What differentiate M/V Yersin from other explorer vessels and yachts?
- Trully ECO-friendly vessel, suitable for sailing in protected areas, 99.8% exhaust filtration
- Very economical fuel consumption
- Extended AUTONOMY with food storage, garbage treatment , fuel tanks.
- All capacities to run science, research & environmental marine missions
- Media centre & Observatory lounges
- In-house maintenance with a stock of spare parts onboard for more than 1 mln. € – the vessel is ready for extreme expeditions
- Tailor-made reinforced bulletproof 11m Wajer Tender
- On-board hospital
- Long range
- Flexible accommodation for 12 guests in 8 cabins
- Swimming pool
- Spa and gym
- Indoor and outdoor Jacuzzi
- Elevator accessing all decks
Volume: 2198 Gross tons
Cruising speed: 12 knots
Fuel consumption: XXX litters /Hr
Cabins configuration: 8 cabins: 1 Double, 7 Convertible
Beds configuration: 2 Pullman, 3 King, 4 Single
Total: 24 crew members
Captain: Jean Dumarais . French
Captain Jean works for the same owner since 12 years already. And was involved in design and technical concept during the construction of MY Yersin. He has been in the industry for 25 years and cruised such unique destinations as Greenland, Iceland, the Arctic circle, , The Corinth, Suez and Panama Canals, Cape Verde, Madera, Malpelo, Singapore, the Malacca straight, , Indonesia, The Gulf, Red Sea, and the Eastern seaboard of USA, and of course “classic” Mediterranean (east and west) and Caribbean. He is looking much forward to more exploration. Captain Jean has interest in the astronomy, history and geography, and fishing.
Chief Stewardess: Marta. Latvian
Marta has joined the industry 5 years ago. She is very adventurous, service-minded and creative, aiming to deliver best possible experience to all the guests onboard . Her passions are snowboarding, astrology and music.
Head Chef: Jean-Francois Loll , French
Jean-Francois is used to work in the best restaurants in Monaco, France and London, including 3 Michelin star restaurants for Alain Ducasse. His cuisine knowledge ranges from French gastronomy to Asian style and fusion dishes. Jeff is passionate about his work. In his free time Jeff enjoys expanding his knowledge of baking and is always experimenting new ideas and menus.
The crew is very international and most of them are already on-board since 2015:
Chief Officer: Thomas Bunodiere , French
2ndOfficer: Evgeny Samoshyn , Ukranian
3rdOffice: Romina Maccio, Uruguayan
Chief Engineer: Emo, Bulgarian
Bosun: Flavio ( Italian)
Deckhands: Ayrton (Monegasque), Vlad ( Latvian) , Thomas ( British)
Stewardesses: Blaize ( British), Joana ( Spanish), Olha ( Ukranian) Millie ( British)
Second Chef: Matt ( South African)
Charter fees + APA*:
1 week: 480 000 € / week + 30% APA (deposit for expenses: fuel, food, experiences, ports)
10 days: 685 700 € / 10 days + 30% APA (deposit for expenses)
2 weeks: 960 000 / 14 days + 30% APA (deposit for expenses)
*Heli-ski experience might be at additional costs
We guarantee a response within 2 hours and the best possible deal on this experience.